Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

3 different coded injectors on the driver side?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Carolina444 
#1 ·
First going to say I've owned this e99 truck only 7mo and new to diesels.. Truck runs really well w/244k other than burning a lot of oil so pulled driver valve cover to replace inj o-rings and I'm seeing three differant coded inj. #'s 5&6 are AB and #7&8 look to be remans #7 AD #8 AE.. Can someone explain to me why the different codes and is this fine? Thanks

#2 ·
AB is the E99 injector.

AD is the L99+ injector

AE is the 01+ish Long lead injector that was installed to quiet the knock that the 99-01 trucks are really known for. It's always #8

Generally you'll only get mismatched injectors if they have been bought from a builder, they aren't always in a set, or in the E99 case if somebody didn't know or care to buy the correct AB injector.

But your truck should not have the AE injector so that was definitely added later on, I would think you'd know if somebody mixed the AB and AD injector, in stock form, they flow different amounts of fuel

#4 ·
There all split shot.

They are more then likely all the same size as well but there is no way to tell without having them flowed.

#5 ·
Ok.. Guess I'm going to replace the o-rings and put them back in sense it seemed to run fine.. Thanks for info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.