Best tuner for e99 pcm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best tuner for e99 pcm

I can't find a later model pcm that I can afford right now and I'm not really looking to make any crazy power in the future, so looking for tunes for the e99 computer .

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My vote is for DP, I love mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-26-2013, 07:17 PM

I have a e99 f350 and have been doing research on the PCM to fix shifting problems I am looking at dp. I have a hypertech programmer but it won't let me use it on my truck

Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Php also does e99 tunes. But I would go through a dealer instead. Bill is very busy with lots of other stuff that customer service gets neglected at times. I believe Wild man does e99 also.

Fyi, you can buy an unflashed Dpc-402 pcm from autozone for half of anyone else. Thats what I did so I could get PMT1 programming from Gearhead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Php also does e99 tunes. But I would go through a dealer instead. Bill is very busy with lots of other stuff that customer service gets neglected at times. I believe Wild man does e99 also.

Fyi, you can buy an unflashed Dpc-402 pcm from autozone for half of anyone else. Thats what I did so I could get PMT1 programming from Gearhead.

Yea I just got my truck recently and having a weird problem the trans shifts great through all the gears when it gets to overdrive it shifts fine then it's like the torque coverter locks or unlocks and the rpms jump up a couple hundred all my research points to the PCM programming I changed the filter and fluid and it looked great it has to be the PCM I'm going to pull it Tomorow to see what code it is. I was shocked to see PCM prices I just want a update I wonder how much the dealer cost to reflash with updates

Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Premium Member

With DP Jody will tell you that he has mastered the E99 programming and there is no reason to "upgrade" tot he newer PCM. I would tend to agree with him based on my experience. I need to get off my *** and sent it down to get reburned for my DAC3 PCM now. Really missing that high idle tune

Is this what your having happen? (23 seconds is the first blip there is 4 or 5 more afterwards)

Turned out it had nothing to do with the tunes, just a failing torque convertor.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:17 PM

No that's not it it dosent jump around it just goes into overdrive then goes up about 200 rpms and stays there it's not erratic

Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Premium Member

Good lol...

If you get somebody with an AE you can check the input vs output speed of your transmission, and torque convertor slip. That's how I figured out my issue.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
$50 to flash a pcm at a dealer. But if you get a TS style chip you dont need to flash it. Just plug in your chip and it takes over anyway. E99 pcm iirc is a DPC-422. Most tuners use the DPC-402 to run the PMT1, or 2 software files due to better transmission shifting.

Jody may have a very good reputation, but if you dont like his tunes you are stuck with the chip. You cannot send it to someone else for reburns.

Here's lots of info.
http://www.dieseltechtalk.com/forums...-3-1994-5-2003

Old 11-27-2013, 06:10 PM

I think I will go to the dealer Friday and see about having the PCM updated I have a hypertech 3 programmer I had for years it has one setting and firmer shifts it does just enough to where I didn't feel like it was tearing my last truck up but when I tried to install it came up with calibration not found error 6D so I checked hypertech and it says the factory program is not recognized so I am going to try the dealer then use my programmer and hope it solves my problems

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.