Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best tuner for e99 pcm

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  AdamCap 
#1 ·
I can't find a later model pcm that I can afford right now and I'm not really looking to make any crazy power in the future, so looking for tunes for the e99 computer .

Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
I have a e99 f350 and have been doing research on the PCM to fix shifting problems I am looking at dp. I have a hypertech programmer but it won't let me use it on my truck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
Yea I just got my truck recently and having a weird problem the trans shifts great through all the gears when it gets to overdrive it shifts fine then it's like the torque coverter locks or unlocks and the rpms jump up a couple hundred all my research points to the PCM programming I changed the filter and fluid and it looked great it has to be the PCM I'm going to pull it Tomorow to see what code it is. I was shocked to see PCM prices I just want a update I wonder how much the dealer cost to reflash with updates

#6 ·
With DP Jody will tell you that he has mastered the E99 programming and there is no reason to "upgrade" tot he newer PCM. I would tend to agree with him based on my experience. I need to get off my *** and sent it down to get reburned for my DAC3 PCM now. Really missing that high idle tune

Is this what your having happen? (23 seconds is the first blip there is 4 or 5 more afterwards)

Turned out it had nothing to do with the tunes, just a failing torque convertor.

#7 ·
No that's not it it dosent jump around it just goes into overdrive then goes up about 200 rpms and stays there it's not erratic

#9 ·
$50 to flash a pcm at a dealer. But if you get a TS style chip you dont need to flash it. Just plug in your chip and it takes over anyway. E99 pcm iirc is a DPC-422. Most tuners use the DPC-402 to run the PMT1, or 2 software files due to better transmission shifting.

Jody may have a very good reputation, but if you dont like his tunes you are stuck with the chip. You cannot send it to someone else for reburns.

Here's lots of info.
http://www.dieseltechtalk.com/forum...m-will-work-in-my-powerstroke-7-3-1994-5-2003

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
I think I will go to the dealer Friday and see about having the PCM updated I have a hypertech 3 programmer I had for years it has one setting and firmer shifts it does just enough to where I didn't feel like it was tearing my last truck up but when I tried to install it came up with calibration not found error 6D so I checked hypertech and it says the factory program is not recognized so I am going to try the dealer then use my programmer and hope it solves my problems

#12 ·
The worst they can do is not do it my hope is tht they can do it quickly and for under 150 then I can use my tuner immediately I don't want to send my computer off or wait on a chip but if they can't help I guess that's what I will do

#14 ·
i have the PHP Hydra in my E99 truck, and i used the stock tunes that came with the software. and its runs AWESOME. I called the company because i was doing something wrong, and the gentleman that answered the phone stayed on the phone with me until i got the tune 100% working and everything working correctly. He even told me what to look for if/when something was to happen. I rate them 1000/10 there awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.