E99 Hub/Brake replacement $$$ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E99 Hub/Brake replacement $$$

Just priced out new hub/brakes for a 1999 F350 (build date of 7/98) with dual rear wheels. $1086.82!!!

Motorcraft loaded calipers w/ superduty pads $83.79 x2
BRCLS77RM
BRCLS76RM

Raybestos rotors 13" $73.79 x2

Timken hub assembly $324.79 x2
HA590425

+$70.32 shipping
-$100.00 for core on caliper return

End price $986.82

Really high in price than what im used to, hub assemblies specifically. I still have to confirm if 13" rotor because if I have 14" rotor thats more money. I have the option to use Pro instead of Timken which would save $200 each side but I hate using non brand name stuff especially on bearings!

Input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Convert to late model unit berrings and rotors. Save $. Just buy unit berrings and rotors for the same spec trk only change model yr to 2000. I've done this to mine. The parts interchange fine. But you HAVE to do both the unit bering and rotor as a pair. If not the rotor hits the caliper bracket.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So buy parts for a 2000 f350 7.3 4x4 which will be loaded front calipers, front rotors, and hub assembly units? Nothing else? And I'm assuming the rotors are going to be 14" now? Anything else to do the swap? Any links or a how to to convert or is it just a straight part swap. I will price out a 2000 list to see difference. I'd love to get a 14" rotor in there for extra stopping power
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khl View Post
So buy parts for a 2000 f350 7.3 4x4 which will be loaded front calipers, front rotors, and hub assembly units? Nothing else? And I'm assuming the rotors are going to be 14" now? Anything else to do the swap? Any links or a how to to convert or is it just a straight part swap. I will price out a 2000 list to see difference. I'd love to get a 14" rotor in there for extra stopping power
I am pretty sure you can use the same calipers, no need to change them to a later year. Just buy 2000 hub assembles and rotors and you will be good.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshalala View Post
I am pretty sure you can use the same calipers, no need to change them to a later year. Just buy 2000 hub assembles and rotors and you will be good.
Yes but what rotor? The 14.53" or the 13.03" ??? Im seeing 2 on option to buy.

I am replacing the calipers because it needs new pads and the calipers dont look to healthy and I dont want to run the risk of getting it all apart and having the piston not press back in. Just buying loaded calipers for $80 each I can be done no cleaning or anything with hardware, etc. Saves me time to bolt in a loaded unit and bleed.

Here is the revised list. Mush cheaper on the hubs!!!

Motorcraft loaded calipers w/ superduty pads $83.79 x2
BRCLS77RM
BRCLS76RM

Centric rotors 13" $73.79 x2

Timken hub assembly $186.79 x2
HA590425

+$103.16 shipping
-$100.00 for core on caliper return

End Price: $757.46

Saved $230. This is still high but much better!!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 PM

I am trying to find a thread that I read today saying you should go with the 14 inch rotors when upgrading. I just read it earlier today, may have not been on this forum. Ill see if I can find if unless someone else can chime in.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshalala View Post
I am trying to find a thread that I read today saying you should go with the 14 inch rotors when upgrading. I just read it earlier today, may have not been on this forum. Ill see if I can find if unless someone else can chime in.
Im assuming all i need is the rim clearance for caliper to be out an extra inch (which I dont see being a problem) and the caliper bracket on the loaded calipers I buy needs to be longer to accept the 14" rotor so in actuality, whatever loaded caliper I buy, I need to make sure its either for 13 or 14" rotor.

I need to order these parts ASAP and just want the right stuff here so I can go in there and get it apart and install and not have to run down to local parts store on a weekend they are closed and be stuck until monday. I do all my mechanic stuff on the weekends and order all my stuff from Rock auto. Obviously some stuff is unforseen and Im stuck doing stuff on monday when parts need to be ordered (stuff autozone, advanced, etc doesnt have in stock) but I try to order everything I need to complete jobs and have gotten decent at doing stuff as planned.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 PM

I found this thread

Early 99 hub changeout - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

And Ive checked other forums and I am seeing that even the later trucks use the 13 inch rotor also
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

In that link, someone says the 14" rotors are used in f450s. Just to be sure, I'm going to pull the wheel and check to confirm.

So it looks like
E99 loaded calipers
00 rotors
00 hubs
Anything else I should order/replace as preventive maintenance?

For loaded calipers, I was just going to go motorcraft w/ superduty pads that come in them. Also was going to try the centric rotors but motorcraft and acdelco make a devent set too... Reviews? Not big into drilled or slotted. I don't mind using the feature but I'm not paying for it as I think it's all bogus anyways for what I'm doing with them
Old 10-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lifted94XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcrawler View Post
Convert to late model unit berrings and rotors. Save $. Just buy unit berrings and rotors for the same spec trk only change model yr to 2000. I've done this to mine. The parts interchange fine. But you HAVE to do both the unit bering and rotor as a pair. If not the rotor hits the caliper bracket.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Is there anyway to tell by looking at the hubs if you have the 99 or 2000 hubs? I'm rebuilding the front end if my e99 and I just put the rotor on (bought for an e99) and the caliper bracket is hitting the rotor. Thanks for any help. If its not a different hub, I'm gonna have to figure out why it's hitting. Thanks

--Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.