DIY injector kits ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up DIY injector kits ?

Just wondering if anyone has tried these.?IF so what are your opinions

7 3 Powerstroke DIY Injector Rebuild Kit | eBay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i wouldn't. For an extra couple hundred buks, you get a set of remans and they have been flow-tested.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

idk i really enjoy the diy stuff . for instance i have an 8sec street car . i built the entire thing from stock , im an aircraft machinist so i fabricated some of the engine and carb parts also. yes i guess i could throw the old checkbook at the truck as most people do . but there is a huge sense of pride that comes with diy building . i was just wondering if anyone tryed the kit.i have used there injector oil change additive for a few years and it works really well . i really noticed a differance with my 340k 97 obs. i was thinking of building a set of stage two , as i have access to nozzles of any type i choose. i dont really understand the "FLOW TESTED" idea. i understand what the procedure is. BUTT, an injector is a machine . if they are mechanicaly identical then under the same parameters they should flow the same . its a physics thing i guess. so how exactly would you make adjustments if one doesent "flow Test " properly. or is the test to see if the machinist or builder messed up and one or more injectors is mechanicaly different?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

ive done one of the diy kits , not that one in particular , i understand the whole i did it myself pride thing , but in my opinion like another memebr said , its more with injectors about making sure they flow even and for the couple hundred dollars more its worth the insurance of knowing they are correct and if not the ability to send them back and get them correct which doesnt happen very often

as far as that kit goes , it just really looks like a nozzle swap , and there is alot more to injectors than just dissassembly / clean / reassemble , there are clearances that have to be correct ,cold start issues from those clearances ,etc.

call and ask ryan at full force diesel about the tolerances and components inside the injector that may give issues , may or may not change your mind
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wink

There seems to be a stigma to the injector thing. .it seems like people kind of jump on the bandwagon a little . Idk when rosewood was offering a DIY kit everybody was so happy about it . I understand these guys all know there stuff . But there is no textbook. They learned by doing.am I wrong? So if your mechanicaly inclined and have any kind of reverse engineering skill whatsoever. You do what I did. I bought one brand new injector, one reman . And I have a set of bad ones. I took the new and reman apart and compared them both visually and mathematically .i made a drawing of all the parts and also compared them to the known bad ones. These are not complicated at all.i understand the Leave it to the profesional mentality . I was just interested in the thoroughness of the kit . I had a kit from rosewood that was several years old . This kit seems to have quite a bit more components.i kind of applaud the guy for offering the kit . Because I've been around the forums enough to know its almost taboo to mention anything other than ,full force,rosewood,or unlimited as far as injectors. I mean I have a very good engineer friend that figured out a single hpop that flows about 60 percent more than a 17 degree stock . It was also a DIY kit and uh oh he posted it up and holy cow I surprised he didn't get beat up because there are only two people on this planet who know anything about pumps.the guy who owns diesel site, and Joey from terminator. I appriciate all of the opinions I guess I'm looking for some opinions of people who have used kits from rosewood or the guy on ebay. Or any other. Just want to see how thorough they are. Not really lookin for the injector shop advertisements ya know? Like I said I'm not tryin to dis any shops I just enjoy the challenge of DIY .does anyone else?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

And thank you for your input scuffy
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i did a Rosewood Stage 1 kit on my old truck and it worked great.
i am actually interested in this guys stuff myself, emailed him and waiting to hear back.
i am in Canada and the time limit most shops have imposed on their core charges has been holding me back from the upgrade so these kits work well for me.
i know i can easily get a full rebuild done in a weekend and have my truck back in action by Monday, instead of having my truck down for a month + by the time i pull my injectors and send them in, going though cutoms there and back.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

pm sent to sam
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

stock comes with , inner and outer o ring set, stock nozzles, new springs,instructions. oil change kit, misc extra screws and parts , shim stock .
stage one comes with machine aa pistons and
1.5 comes with pistons and 30 percent nozzles.
2 pistons and 80percent
stage2.5 pistons and 100s
hybrid kit comes with plungers and barrels,80 or 100,200,400 or 600 nozzles,pistons. all seals are included with all kits as are the oil change kits
Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i think there are some things i left out of the stock description. ill check in a bit when i get to the shop. all kits come with stock kit plus the extras listed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.