swap turbo from 20oo to early 1999 and all turbo related parts pipes& all! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
swap turbo from 20oo to early 1999 and all turbo related parts pipes& all!

need someones advice.i got early 1999 f550 7.3 is super slow lots of exhaust up&down turbo pipes leaking.my question is should i get new pipes and stuff or seals for the pipesall or can i take turbo/pedestal up and down pipes etc out of2000 f350 7.3 and put all that in early 99 55o.what do you think. thank u very much.or if any other advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Premium Member

everything is pretty much the same from early 99 to mid 03 when they switched to the 6.0 p.o.s. you may have to swap the pedestal with it, but a simple comparison should tell you for sure. If the leaks are an issue there are a few places that offer bellowed up pipes (riser pipes) that eliminate the slip (faulty) joint that is currently on the truck. There were only minor changes from the early 99 to the later models and mostly were suspension and interior changes.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

well let me know how it goes, should be a perfect swap in, take the manifold, turbo, hpop (as that would be a upgrade also), i have early also and have been contemplating doing that as well as the injectors from a 2000-03, then would have the hotter engine. but budget for all that when she is running fine now is not in the bank.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourx4forfun View Post
well let me know how it goes, should be a perfect swap in, take the manifold, turbo, hpop (as that would be a upgrade also), i have early also and have been contemplating doing that as well as the injectors from a 2000-03, then would have the hotter engine. but budget for all that when she is running fine now is not in the bank.
keep in mind that the early 99 had AB injectors and if you change to the AD or AE injectors you also need to change the ICM or IDM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

some of the obs guys are for upgrade of injectors going with i believe stage 1, how about that in the early 99?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Premium Member

I have seen a lot of good results from those that have installed stage 1's, just make sure you do your research to make sure you get them from a good company that is performance proven. Also keep in mind that the health of your engine will play a role in whether or not it can handle the extra oomph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2000 f350 7.3 diesel, early 1999, turbo 7.3 powerstoke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.