Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help me out guys!!

941 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  curt03 
#1 ·
so my truck started doing this thing where if i start my truck i cant drive it unless its completely at operating temperatures.. if i try to drive it cold or a little less then operating temps it will die and is hard to start.. i also have a little bit of a rough idle.. what do i do!?!?!

#2 ·
I never heard of that one I'm sure someone will help out I wonder what it is

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
i know i had this problem with my 7.3L there was like a thermostat gauge on the exhaust with some sort of flapper thing on it, i would have to let it warm up for 30+ min, same thing wouldent go unless warm and would die, finally i found where it was then wired it open

#4 ·
Alright so I changed my oil and fuel filter and it fixed the problem! Also made my injectors alot quieter! But when I was changing my fuel filterthe gasket wasnt on right and I went to start it and diesel went shooting down the front of my engine and now it makes a huge squeel noise when I hit the gas pedal.. Sound like the belts.. Will this dry up and go away or is this something else I have to fix??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.