Headlight and tow mirror replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headlight and tow mirror replacement

I am wanting to replace the the headlights and tow mirrors on my E99 F250. Not necessarily interested in upgrading or modifying anything, they just need to be replaced. My problem is that I'm a little too old school and a little too paranoid to order things off the internet. I want to see the product before I buy it and I don't like sending my CC # out into cyberspace. My question is, can I find direct replacements for my headlights and mirrors at a parts store or at a dealer? If not, I guess I can suck it up and order them from Ebay. Finally, in a situation like this, can I just unplug the old ones and plug in the new ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know if a parts store would have them. Maybe special order???
I'm sure a dealer can get what you need, just remember you'll be paying dealer prices.

Another option is go to an auto-wrecker to see if they have anything that isn't beat up. Might be a way to get it cheaper and still do the 'eyes-on'.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I thought about checking a salvage yard and may end up doing it. I know what you mean about dealer prices, but if it means that I get the right part, it might be worth the extra money. I may just have to face my fears, get in the 21st century and order what I need. I appreciate the feedback, though.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are places online you can find with toll free phone numbers to place your order... that's mostly what I use Ebay for, to find suppiers, and then place the order over the phone. Same parts and prices, talk to a real person, and give them a cc #. Matter of fact, I ordered a replacement mirror for the passenger side of my yellow truck this morning, a mail box took out the old one last night... oncomming car on a back road was crouding me, got over for the car, and CRASH, mirror distroyed by a mail box sitting very close to the roadside.

The place I ordered my mirror from today, towing mirror, no power, telliscopeing, was $74 shipped for right side... phone 887-234-8698.

I also recomend upgrading to the newer headlights, I've done it to my trucks, and will do it to the Ex as soon as funds are availible, the '05-'07 lights fit in with some minor modifications, and are TONS brighter... both lights can be had for about $200, aftermarket, brand new, and an upgraded wiring harness, to help handle the newer style higher output lights is about $70 from GOS Racing. Search threads here for more info, easy mod, and well worth it for the extra light. Factroy lights are terrible in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the dealer here got me for $203 bucks for a drivers side tow mirror... it got broke at work, so they paid for it but I wouldn't go back there to get a replacement if i was paying for it, now the flip side to that is I knew for sure it would fit, and it had and adapter harness to make sure it plugged into my '99, if you go to the parts counter in most places they may tell you it's discontinued, and they may end up having to do a little research (which pimple faced counter boys don't always know how to do) but there is a ton of good honest companys on the internet and most if not all I have dealt with had willing and helpful customer service and took my c/c over the phone, good luck with it
Old 02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

oh and btw, the newer style tow mirrors that swing out as well as in are the cats meow, way better than the stock e99 mirrors!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I appreciate all of the great advice! I have only had this truck for about a year and a half, so I just thought I got an abused set of headlights. I will certainly check into the newer models. I am by no means a mechanic, but if I have some guidance I can usually pull it off, so I'll search the threads you suggested. Concerning the mirrors, I have the old style single mirror and I really want the double, over/under tow mirror, and folding is a must. I didn't think about calling in an order. I may be wrong, but that certainly sounds safer. Again, thanks for the great suggestions! I knew this would be the place to come for real help!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Car Parts, Truck Parts, Auto Accessories: Just Great Parts Cheap At CarParts.com has a ton of oem type replacement stuff, and have reasonable prices... I ordered a set of headlights from them i think it was around $50 for the pair shipped i like the look of the stock headlights, so I kept that style, they were just too yellowed to see much at night. I know they have an 800 number you can call and order from as well... as far as the mirrors go the towing mirrors are great, and I wouldn't trade mine for the world... just make sure you get the ones that telescope and fold forward as well as back, it comes in extremely helpful also the '99 has a round 2 prong plug for the power adjustment... Good Luck with it, hopefully that info helps
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the websight. Only got to look for a few minutes, but seems to have exactly what I'm looking for. Again, ya'll have been a huge help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.