turbo questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question turbo questions

ok im replacing my uppipes doughnut crush gaskets the header and got a non ebpv pedistool while im in there should i rebuild my turbo? what size turbo does the e99 have and is there any upgrades i can get for a few more lbs of boost i get 28 right now and i have a fooler and idp custom tunes id love to hit 31 or 32 even 35 any suggestions appericated... i know a lot of people would have converted to the gtp38 but its too late for now so this is my route what should i do??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM

also anyone know a good vendor for the e99 turbo rebuild kit??
Old 12-11-2011, 08:33 PM

What gaskets did you use? Im going to have to fix my up-leak here soon, its driving me nuts.

Did you pull your turbo to fit them? and what pedistal did you get? I was thinkin about guttin mine but Im not sure about how to do it and heard something about the turbo not gettin oil.

Not sure on the turbo rebuild kit but us early birds are stuck with the D66 turbo for an uppgrade.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
more boost from a stock turbo doesn't equal horsepower. You are fine at 28 above 30 your only pushing hot air and taking life from your turbo.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM

The turbo rebuild kit is the same for E99 and L99-03. Here is what you need: Riffraff Diesel: Garrett GTP38 Journal Bearing Rebuild Kit
Old 12-18-2011, 10:22 AM

ok thanks does that have the e99 compressor wheel and ok if 30 is good for my stocker then so be it ill run it till i get more $$ i have lots of fuel i just need boost lol and the uppipes and crush gaskets were bought from ford house. specially for the e99 and i got my pedistil from beans diesel for the e99 non ebpv and ill be removing the flapper my self using a freeze plug. im doing all this to rid small carbon/boost leaks with hopes of gaining 1-2 lbs of boost also the turbo in my truck has 245k on the stocker so a rebuild should do lots i also have an oil leak from my pedistol that slows seeps down the pan drives me nuts .. i should have lower egts too?? thanks for all the info keep it comin any opinions??
Old 12-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do you have bigger injectors or something? Even with custom tunes your turbo is fine for stock sticks. Just asking cause you said you have lots of fuel. Are you getting lots of black smoke that doesn't clear up?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 AM

i have a fuel rail crossover and custom tunes from idp stock sticks as far as i kno unless they were replaced within the first 90k so... i have a stocker e99 hpop too but i can cloud black smoke and it stays heavy untill about 25lbs of boost but is still rollin it just not as thick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.