Fuel System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 04:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel System

Just put on a fuel bowl delete and return system, it is worth every penny!!!! It quieted down the drone in the cab, and just sounds plain nice, I dont hear my injectors ''tapping'' so loud anymore. It was sort of a pain to install but I added a pre and post filter set up as well at the same time so there was alot of removing of factory ''junk''. And it really cleaned up the engine bay.

My thought; every 7.3L should have this for reliablity of the injectors, for a constant and adjustable fuel pressure, mileage increase, throttle response, and just a SMOOTHER running Powerstroke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
someday.......
Old 11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

whats involved in doing this? benefits?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Whats invloved??

1- Buying a kit(NOT DIY KIT), bought mine from Strictly Diesel along with a post filter kit(cause your removing the fuel bowl and filter).

2- Follow the instructions pretty easy, theres only one difficult part and that is using a dremal tool to remove some of the exhaust housing(only on the early 1999 models tho), theres just alot of putting in the part and removing it to grind little by little away(took 45 minutes of laying on the engine(seemed like 1.5 hours) till it fits just right. And thats on only one fitting too.

3- You need to remove the stock fuel lines, one or two of which have that special fitting, that needs that special tool. I made mine own and worked just fine.

4- Not much to it, takes about 4-5 hours, if your doing the bowl delete, regulated return, post filter, and the extra line or two to mate to the stock lines.

5- Buy the Whole kit from Strictly Diesel, and the extra lines that dont come with the kit, if you call Dennis (the owner) he will walk you through what else to buy. They dont come with the kit because of the vase arrangments of after market fuel systems. If you have a stock fuel system PM me and I will tell you what you need even.

6- And thats it, pretty easy if you follow the instructions, that are VERY well layed out, and even tells you which size of wrenches to use and sockets. (saves time).

7- Enjoy the stickers, cause the kit comes with like 5-7 cool stickers.

The Benefits!!!!

1- Quiet Engine!! More quiet anyways, not that drone noise while going down the highway, you can actually talk at a low voice or use the cell phone while driving.

2- Better throttle response!!

3- Increased mileage!!

4- Longer injector life!!

5- Removing of that Problematic fuel bowl system!!

6- Can adjust the fuel presures, and more even fuel presures!!

7- The fuel circulates through the heads not dead ending at the heads!!!!!!!!!!!! BIggest perk, because it saves your injectors and you dont hear that tap tap tap noise by the injectors!!

8- Faster starts!!

9- The engine just runs smoother, something just feels different, like less vibration, less noise, more responsive-ness, and still is my POWERSTROKE!!!!

10- If I had anyother 7.3L I would put one on ASAP!!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Nice thank u def gonna do this what did u spend overall?
Just been fixing a lot of stuff on mine wheel bearings u-joints oil-cooler replaced all new brake bd trans new wheels 6000lb front springs lots of jb weld on the oil pan now time for the upgrades!!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ohh ya and replaced injector o-rings
Old 11-28-2011, 02:21 AM

I'd replace the oil pan first it sounds like, haha. I spent $840.00 over all. Well worth it!!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What kind of pump are you running?
What size pickup tube and was it their pre/post filter kit?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:35 AM

I'm running the stock pump and pick-up tube for now(handles my mods just fine). When a upgrade my pump, I'll upgrade all my fuel lines(including the pick-up tube) to 5/8 I.D., I wont upgrade the pump or fuel lines till I put some Hybrid injectors in though.

And yes a got the pre and post filter kit from Stricly Diesel, well worth the price to(very reasonable price). I made my own pre and post filter kit on my 6.0L a year or two back....and a wouldnt do that again, to time consuming!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.