Which HPOP? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which HPOP?

Hey guys I have been shopping around for a HPOP. Truck is of course a E99. When ever I am under WOT and I run the Edge EZ it bogs out. So I guess I need some more oil feeding my injectors?

I am looking at the Adrenalin and the Stealth srp1. Any suggestions or comments on the better pump?

I am not doing anything crazy to the motor. I just want the power when I need it. Other wise the truck runs and drives great, but as soon as I have any kind of chip like the Edge EZ(currently out of the truck) or the 5.6k mod turned on it just cannot keep up.

Any input would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I doubt its the hpop I would think its going to be in your fuel system somewhere. Have you changed your fuel filter?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbadwish View Post
I doubt its the hpop I would think its going to be in your fuel system somewhere. Have you changed your fuel filter?
I change my fuel filter every 2nd oil change and even when I do it doesn't look dirty.

So you think it could be a fuel problem? It only happens under WOT. Other than that the truck runs great and gets 19.5mpg city and 24mpg highway.

I would not even know where to start if its a fuel problem. fuel pump? or the pick up in the tank?

The truck has 205k on it now.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'd check with a scanner for codes and see what your HPO is at WOT.. I don't see that you have a boost fooler..that could be the problem. If you need a HPOP..SRP1..its in a class by itself..

I would suggest removing the Edge and the 5.6k and 2.2k resistors and get a TS chip with custom tunes..
Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
I'd check with a scanner for codes and see what your HPO is at WOT.. I don't see that you have a boost fooler..that could be the problem. If you need a HPOP..SRP1..its in a class by itself..

I would suggest removing the Edge and the 5.6k and 2.2k resistors and get a TS chip with custom tunes..
I do have an over boost fooler,but when this happens the turbo is not cranking out any more than 15psi. On another note when I am in 3rd gear and I do a hard accel I hit like 23psi and the engine doesn't cut out, but then when I shift into 4th gear it does't accelerate at all. Sometimes the SES light comes on so I have to adjust the boost fooler, but i really doubt the problem is the boost fooler.

I DO NOT have the Edge EZ hooked up right now. The 5.6K resistor is on a switch so that is not on all the time.

This no acceleration problem only happens when I am under WOT and the resistor is on or the edge is hooked up.

I was thinking about the custom tunes, but if I still have this problem with the tunes, which I think I will, then I just spent money on something I cannot use. So its a tricky situation.

I need to see how I can get a good scanner and check the codes. Im probably ganna need to take it into a shop because I do not have a scanner that can work on our trucks

Thanks for the help so far! any more info is greatly appreciated! I need to get this bug worked out
Old 07-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Get yourself a used Snapon MT2500..usually for $200-300..will read codes-clear-read HPO, buzz tests...etc..
Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Get yourself a used Snapon MT2500..usually for $200-300..will read codes-clear-read HPO, buzz tests...etc..
Great! thanks I will definitely look into getting one ASAP!

Do I need any special cartridge? I see there are different adapters and stuff. Anything specific?

Last edited by 45_ACP; 07-07-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM

what about AutoEnginuity? any good for running diagnostics and pretty compatible with our trucks?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 PM

Who are the best people to deal with to get a TS performance 6 position chip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.