Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which HPOP?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  45_ACP 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have been shopping around for a HPOP. Truck is of course a E99. When ever I am under WOT and I run the Edge EZ it bogs out. So I guess I need some more oil feeding my injectors?

I am looking at the Adrenalin and the Stealth srp1. Any suggestions or comments on the better pump?

I am not doing anything crazy to the motor. I just want the power when I need it. Other wise the truck runs and drives great, but as soon as I have any kind of chip like the Edge EZ(currently out of the truck) or the 5.6k mod turned on it just cannot keep up.

Any input would be appreciated!

#3 ·
I change my fuel filter every 2nd oil change and even when I do it doesn't look dirty.

So you think it could be a fuel problem? It only happens under WOT. Other than that the truck runs great and gets 19.5mpg city and 24mpg highway.

I would not even know where to start if its a fuel problem. fuel pump? or the pick up in the tank?

The truck has 205k on it now.

#5 ·
I do have an over boost fooler,but when this happens the turbo is not cranking out any more than 15psi. On another note when I am in 3rd gear and I do a hard accel I hit like 23psi and the engine doesn't cut out, but then when I shift into 4th gear it does't accelerate at all. Sometimes the SES light comes on so I have to adjust the boost fooler, but i really doubt the problem is the boost fooler.

I DO NOT have the Edge EZ hooked up right now. The 5.6K resistor is on a switch so that is not on all the time.

This no acceleration problem only happens when I am under WOT and the resistor is on or the edge is hooked up.

I was thinking about the custom tunes, but if I still have this problem with the tunes, which I think I will, then I just spent money on something I cannot use. So its a tricky situation.

I need to see how I can get a good scanner and check the codes. Im probably ganna need to take it into a shop because I do not have a scanner that can work on our trucks

Thanks for the help so far! any more info is greatly appreciated! I need to get this bug worked out

#7 · (Edited)
Great! thanks I will definitely look into getting one ASAP!

Do I need any special cartridge? I see there are different adapters and stuff. Anything specific?

#8 ·
what about AutoEnginuity? any good for running diagnostics and pretty compatible with our trucks?

#9 ·
Who are the best people to deal with to get a TS performance 6 position chip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.