Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Air Filter

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Degnol 
#1 ·
I was told only a few different aftermarket filters will work on the early 99 PSD, could you guys give me a few that will fit, don't want to make a 250 dollar mistake. Thanks

#2 ·
I believe there are Tymar/DIY, AFE, and the AIS. I would personally go with the AIS if you're not planning on going over about 400hp or so. It will outflow the stocker and nothing can match its filtration. A Tymar/DIY intake will work, but you'll be a 45 degree angle peice of 4in pipe to make the curve, also be sure you use the water resistant Donaldson air filter if you do go that route. I don't have the part number handy, but if you search around you will come across it.

#6 ·
I just removed everything the battery box (cut it up so it still holds the battery) and put in the filter and used ABS pipe all the way back to the CCV. Still had to use a 45 degree and a long pipe and it fits super tight but its all up to you. get the filter you want and make it work is my style

#8 ·
I was talking to a guy about his AFE filter and he said that sometimes there is a problem with it trying to push to much air through the pipes after the turbo actually restricting the air, so those pipes (whatever theyre called) can be upgraded another inch to let that air through.

Ever heard of this?

#10 ·
Riffraff diesel has them for around 60 bucks. The 45* pipe, filter, clamps and a filter cover in your choice of color

#12 ·
If you go with the Ford AIS as I did, just plan on doing the mod to the box that allows you to use the foam sleeve and the fenderwell intake in addition to the plenum supplied with the AIS. My filter minder would suck into the "replace" range every time I floored it. Not now after retrofitting the foam sleeve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.