Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

axle 1 inch forward...

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  experimental7.3 
#1 ·
i just had the 2 inch leveling shackles put on my truck.. it looks nice i have a ranchhand front bumber and i realize if i push my axle forward 1 inch ill be able to almost clear 2 inch bigger tires..??? anyone done this i have a 1 inch thick block that relocates teh axle 1 or 1.5 inche forward so that would bring my total lift upfront to 3 inches would i have any steering probles with that much up front??? and if i move my axle forward an inch will my stock driveshaft still work??? any ideas guys

#2 ·
yes, the front driveshaft will still work. A 3" lift is still relatively small, I wouldn't see any issues with the steering.

#6 · (Edited)
while you CAN do it, the axle will be offset to one side fairly noticably-Truck will not track right. Swaybar won't articulate properly. You CAN drink and drive, doesn't make it right.

That sounded a little harsh.

Yes, you need a trak bar drop bracket, and a drop pitman arm to maintain correct steering geometry. Very likely longer shocks as well.

Good luck, lift kits are always....JUST A LITTLE MORE! My 99 started at a 6.5, then 8.5, and finally 12/10 (front/rear). Every time I needed tires I'd buy one size larger-lol.

#7 ·
ya im doing bushwacker fender cut outs and 37's with 2 inch leving kit lol but ya i tried thaving the head mechanic put the longer shackles on from tires tire discounters but the guy couldnt get the leafesprings to go onto the longer shackls?? any one have this issue or did it themselfs.. if i wasnt home for r&r from afghainstan id just do this myself i dont understand why he had such a hard time???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.