4" hanger kit on e99 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4" hanger kit on e99

Looking at doing a 4" hanger kit on my truck. I know I'll need shocks and rear blocks, but I can't seem to find a decent price for an adjustable track bar for an e99 f250. Could anyone help me out or am I SOL? I know Icon makes a "box" kit which includes the track bar and drop pitman for like $400 but Id rather not spend that much if I don't have to.
Is the drop pitman needed for a 4" lift or would the track bar suffice?
Any other input is appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM

I cut mine and extended. Tons of people do this. I totally understand trying to save money when it cones to lift kits. I built everything on my truck because its way to expensive. Sometimes its a pain to leave the trac bar one while installing a lift because it won't let you pull and tug or persuade springs. Once you get your lift on, cut your bar in half. Slide each end into metal tubing and remount. Once its up you can mark it on each end of tube so you can take it off and weld. Really easy and FREE lol. I have 3.5 of lift and dont have the pitman but I would recommend it on 4 but they shouldn't be too much . Try top gun customz . Good luck
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM

Nice, that makes sense, thanks a bunch!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:31 PM

I've heard that you can convert to the newer style track bar by drilling out the holes and getting the proper larger bolts. The reason for this it that you may be able to find an adjustable trackbar for the newer truck used, or ebay, or... you see where I'm going with this...

Also... the newer stock (non-adjustable) track bar on the newer trucks is made out of steel pipe, and the older one seems to be a cast type metal... I wouldn't recomend welding it unless you are good with cast... I would also not just cut your sleave pipe square... After I cut it to lenth and there was sure to plenty of overlap, I'd cut some v-notches in it, as deep as the pipe is in diameter, (to kind of give it a 'kings crown', spiky look) for more than double the availible weld surface.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 PM

I mean if you are just wanting a adjustable bar you can buy one at top gun too or eBay but I was thinkin the trac bar on my 04 would be identical . Mine was solid metal and took like 30 minutes to weld. And cast is kinda hard ( but I'm not a great welded) .
Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you doing a 4" hanger kit just get a complete one..you will be time and $$ ahead..Icon's kit is complete.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM

$2000 is half what I bought my truck for. I'm not looking for the best ride or the best brand name.
I can buy shocks here for a good price. PMF sells hangers for $350 but in reality I could weld my own and save $300. Pitman drops are cheap as well.
I can do everything but cant find a track bar.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Google search for a 1999.5 or later track bar, I know there are some for $100 on up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.