early 99 4x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
early 99 4x4

hey guys question for you. i found a early 99 build date 09/98 with 325,xxx miles, its a cc 4x4. its very clean with leather fresh tires an its a one owner. their asking $7450 for it. my question is do you guys think its worth it? should i stay away from something with those kind of miles on it? what should i look for if i purchase it? thanks inadvance guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosuzuki View Post
hey guys question for you. i found a early 99 build date 09/98 with 325,xxx miles, its a cc 4x4. its very clean with leather fresh tires an its a one owner. their asking $7450 for it. my question is do you guys think its worth it? should i stay away from something with those kind of miles on it? what should i look for if i purchase it? thanks inadvance guys

First off do a KBB value on it, see where that puts you. Price seems kinda high for the miles but the truck could be in awesome condition. One owner truck is very good. Ask him general questions like regular maint. on the truck like all oils changed? also ask if the trans is still the original? one thing to check if the motor is healthy is pull the oil fill cap and see if there is a large amount of blow by. If it smokes a little bit thats ok, but if you pull it and there is a large amount thats bad.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM

I have herd of guys pushing 500,000 with a 7.3 so the miles arent that scary although i have seen trucks closer to 250,000 for around that price, i dont know about your area though. I would want to know about the rest of the drivetrain... tranny, transfer case, differentials ect. was it a daily driver or a puller? if it was pulling and in boost most of its life it will shorten the lifespan some. on the other side if it idled down the highway all the time it will probly run forever. just my 2c.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:05 PM

I think that's a deal. I paid 13k last year for a 99 with over 200 on the clock - mostly because it was clean and rust free. The miles don't mean that much.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:08 PM

thanks for the replys guys. the truck is at a dealer so i dont think they would know anything about how it was cared for. the truck is in houston an i live in louisiana. i think it has an 8ft bed which would be a deal breaker for me. i would like a 6ft bed. how can i tell from just pics? they ad says 6 but it looks real long. the price is also a thousand under kbb also.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM

nevermind guys i looked at some pics of others an she,s a long bed for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.