Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is there a best chip for "smoothness" with a 6spd????

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CT Performance, Inc. 
#1 ·
I am new here. I have been lurking in these forums for the past 5 years, and finally bought the truck thats in my signature. I have gone through the truck and feel like it is ready to mod.
I have the 6637 intake already, Walker BTM will be installed tomorrow. I am not building a race car, but I want some to have a nicely powered truck with great daily driver manners, decent fuel economy (as best as can be expected with a full size truck), and most importantly stay reliable.
Next up after the muffler delete is the guages. I hope when I install a chip that the muffler delete will reasonably help with the egt's. I have read threads where people talk about choppiness or touchy go pedals with the 6spds.

Is there a difference with Tony and Jodys tunes when it comes to this? I really want a smooth change in throttle when driving around town. Do these early 99's prefer either of their tunes with the deciding factor being less touchy go peddles???
Thanks for the help, I have learned a lot from you all over the years!:icon_ford:

#2 ·
I will be watching to see what happens on this thread, i have been undecided myself. :)

#3 ·
I "think" that PHP has tunes that are better for smoth throttle responce. I know my TS is ok on the lower settings but on the 140 setting its alot more jumpy.... but then again I guess the 140 is not a DD tune anyway.

:ORG welcome:

#4 ·
Thanks man! i had forgot about bill at power hungry performance, his prices seem fair, and i think his tunes are well liked.

#5 ·
I'm kinda wondering this myself... I've had a DP tuner in my yellow dually for about 2 years now, and don't plan to shop around, I will be callling Jody to order one for my red truck soon... but getting used to the clutch on this truck has been some work... so tuning that helps 'smooth' it out would be good. I'll be sure to post what I think as things progress.

#6 ·
Bills tunes are super smooth, like a stock truck until you romp on it and the power just keeps coming and coming.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.