Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Y does my early 99 have an intake heater???

12K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  zpd307 
#1 ·
12/98 7.3
my truck has a intake heater,,,, but my air intake system was an early 99 for sure... any idea's????

#6 · (Edited)
mine doesnt have one. do you have the early turbo? the intake spider that has the intake heater will only fit with the later 3 inch plenums and turbo.... ford might have just thrown in the early airbox.

#7 ·
Do your up-pipes connect to the turbine housing with a V-Band clamp or is it the bolt on flange?

#11 ·
thats an intake heater all right, i see you have the second relay to confirm it. i bet you have a late 99 motor.... check your turbo to see if its a late 99 style.

#14 ·
NO, My 12/98 superduty i just got and its all origional,

then I posted about a 96 my best friend owns and we did just put a motor in that..

and he also has another 96 too...

I just post about his as if they where mine since we are doing to work in my garage and i know whats going on...

#15 ·
look above in the differences thread, there are some visual differences between the two turbos. i just cant remember what they are off the top of my head....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.