Weird Problem when windshield wipers turn on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Weird Problem when windshield wipers turn on

I did an engine swap a while back and everything went smoothly and ive had no problems. other than when it rained i kept getting an intermittent studder from the engine that would happen randomly and unpredictably. only throwing the cel every once in a while. i kept thinking it was moisture in one of the sensors cuz of the rain or something so i checked them all and all were clean and connected well. then i realized it wasnt the rain, it was actually happening as the windshield wipers got power to move. just for that instant. it usually happens when they are on the intermittent setting but its always random and doesnt do it every time. the only reason i thought of it is another person on this forum had the same problem and changed his CAS and it fixed it. well i have a new CAS and its still doing it. almost like ur turning the engine off for a 1/2 second which just skips if your driving but if your sitting still in drive it will actually die... any suggestions because im completely stumped???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 AM

I dont know about yours, but i have the same problem and i tried alot of stuff. Mine has a faulty wiper motor, whenever i turn mine on it does the exact same thing. if i recall correctly theres some posts over on psn talking about it. But it could be something else, but thats what my problem is, hope it helps!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 AM

How could a faulty wiper motor cause this? It does throw a code when it does it but I'm never around anywhere to check it before the light goes back off. And as long as it is off it is showing no codes
Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 AM

1999 - 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L
Symptom:
Bucking and/or stalling when wipers are turned on.
System:
Body/Chassis Electrical, Emissions/PCM/Fuel, Engine Electrical
Codes:
N/A
Problem:
Faulty Wiper Motor
Test & Fix:
A symptom of bucking and/or stalling in the rain or any time the wipers are turned on, is likely due to a faulty wiper motor. To Test: Check ground G100, located in the left rear corner of the engine compartment. This is the ground for the Lefthand (LH) headlamp, the wiper motor, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) power relay and the fuel pump. A poor ground would generally also cause the LH headlamp to be dim. Repair the ground and recheck for proper operation. If the ground appears OK, check for excessive wiper motor current. If current is excessive, a 'band aid' would be to cut the wiper motor ground wire and run a separate designated ground for the wiper motor alone. The correct repair is to replace the wiper motor.

i have also heard the CPS can also be at fault...
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a similar problem in my truck. It ended up being the CPS sensor. The fix for me was using a Ford CPS...I tried using 2 others...one from napa and the other from pep boys. Those two did not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.