Super 66 turbo? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Bird is the Word

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Super 66 turbo?

Is anyone running a Super 66 turbo on their E99? I talked with Nate from Unlimited Diesel, and the way he described it to me is basically its a D66 except they use a larger turbine wheel and exhaust housing. It is good for at least 450 RWHP with the correct tuning. it is a great all around turbo for towing and street.

Anyone got any experience with the turbo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Bird is the Word

anyone have any info on the turbo? experience
Old 01-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just put the 2001 factory turbo on my e99.It made a huge difference.Spool up is a little slower,but it pegs the needle at 30 psi.Its also a lot cheeper than a d66.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:47 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I ran a D66 for almost a year and I loved it. If I didn't have bigger injectors than the turbo was designed for, I would still have the D66. BTW, I dynoed over 470hp on a D66 so if the Super 66 is larger than a D66 it should be good for more than 450hp. In fact there was a guy that put down 496hp on a D66 three years ago or so, fuel only.

It sounds like a good cheater turbo for pulling.
The Following User Says Thank You to strokin_early_99 For This Useful Post:
73rvhauler (02-01-2014)
Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Bird is the Word

Thanks for your input strokin
I know the D66 can handle over 500 because theres guys on the nation running it with hybrids and haven't gernaded it yet. But i can't afford to take that risk. I'm still waiting for Nate to get back with me on a good injector turbo combination would be most benefficail, I"m hoping it does well pulling a sled becase i'm hoping for atleast 10 hooks this summer
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Why not a 38R? This super 66 is still going to be on a stock setup and the ware fast under high boost just like the D66. I had these same visions of distruction and being left without my truck. That is why I chose the modded H2E from Beans. I love it! Except it took me out of work stock and put me in the modified class for pulling.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Bird is the Word

i'm doing the super 66 route because of $$$. currently i have 255K on the motor and i wanna upgrade turbos this spring but i can't afford to do injectors probably until next year or the latest this fall, so i figured for the time being i'd go with the 66 then after i can acquire the funds, be able to upgrade to a larger turbo setup or whatever happens I can't afford the coin for the h2e setup yet
Old 01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

what injectors and tuning did you run Strokin when you dynoed 470? Also, what transmission did you have? stock? built?

I have pretty much the same set up as most guys running the D66, but have no idea on the numbers. I am only hitting somewhere in the 28 PSI range now, and egts can climb FAST. I think I have boost leaks somewhere......
I changed out my boots on the upper end of my intercooler piping...the lowers are fine still. up pipes looked ok several months ago...wonder where my boost is. I have plenty of black smoke so theres enough fuel for sure. and I have plenty of oil too with the adreanlin.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
FYI..I have a new D66 here with a 1.15 housing..its for a 99.5 up will sell cheap..

IMO best turbo for stage 2's to 250cc Hybrids..Modded H2e's, we have them with Bellowed uppipes and IC tubes..

Cary
Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
what injectors and tuning did you run Strokin when you dynoed 470? Also, what transmission did you have? stock? built?

I have pretty much the same set up as most guys running the D66, but have no idea on the numbers. I am only hitting somewhere in the 28 PSI range now, and egts can climb FAST. I think I have boost leaks somewhere......
I changed out my boots on the upper end of my intercooler piping...the lowers are fine still. up pipes looked ok several months ago...wonder where my boost is. I have plenty of black smoke so theres enough fuel for sure. and I have plenty of oil too with the adreanlin.
B codes with .0065 EH nozzles. Full built trans by John Wood and big oil.

Last edited by strokin_early_99; 01-31-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.