Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E99 and add-a-leaf leveling kit

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  CT Performance, Inc. 
#1 ·
so i am thinking of add-a-leaves for the front but question is all the kits for 99 that i see are for late99's not early 99's.. do i just buy them for an OBS or????

#5 ·
shackle kit is good and cheaper than a lift kit, 2" Shackle Leveling Kit might need longer shocks/brake lines, I have the mini spring pack and like it, (it's temporary till my tires wear out, then I'm going with 4" springs), but it mounts under the leafs which retains the stock springs/shocks and gives ya 2.5"

#10 ·
i have shackle lifted 2 superduties, nothing but the shackles was needed. i put a 2 inch shackle on my 99 and was advised i needed a drop bracket for the track arm. so i got one and after over an hour of trying to get the bar to fit in the new drop bracket, i gave up and put the original bracket back on. there was only a very minimal shift in the axle. so now i have a drop bracket sitting in my garage...... anyone need one?

#12 ·
no i didnt... i called the company and told that i couldnt get the bar to fit. they told to start the truck and turn the front wheels back and forth, that would cause the axle to shift and get the bar to fit. i tried numerous times and it still would go. the track bar is still parallel with the drag link.... velvet rides are an aftermarket rear shackle. they are like a scissors which close when the spring compreeses over bumps, absorbing some of the shock, which makes the truck ride better. velvet rides are out of business but there are a few new sets left around. i bought mine last year from a member here. they do help with the ride. there is a new company that makes the same thing as velvet rides, but is far more expensive...

#13 ·
I know this post is pretty old but what if you go the add a-leaf route?

Do you need the adjustable track bar then? When I asked a lift company they said I should use 1999 sway bar links and a 2 inch track bar bracket.

#14 ·
Yes, Best a adj track bar as the angles will stay the same. A drop track bar bracket should always be used with a equal drop Pitman arm.

You shouldn't need sway bar links for 2" you can always remove the frame bracket and reinstall under the frame if needed.

Better ways to raise 2" without stiffing the ride quality..Hangers or a mini spring pack. Hangers should get longer shocks mini pack doesn't need them. Both need a adj track bar.

PM if I can help..

#15 ·
Fyi... Dropped hangers don't fix worn out/sagged springs... that's my issue with my yellow truck, springs are just worn out... new stock springs would sit higher, I'm gonna do that first... I have a set from my cousin's truck that he lifted when brand new... just haven't got them on yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.