Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1999 Ford f350 headlight question

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  zpd307 
#1 ·
My truck is a 1999 F350 4x4 SRW PS 6spd. It has the factory headlights in it, I have seen where people have put newer style headlights in that year and it makes them look alot better. I want factory ford headlights, which 1 could I use that would be an exact fit? I think the 02 or 03 years look good! Thnakns in advance for the help!! I just need newer looking headlights!!!:icon_ford: Thanks in advance

#2 ·
check out e-bay. Are you stuck on factory ford parts? I have aftermarket lights in mine, it's pictured in my sig. Mine had the same style lights your '99 would have, and replceing them with the 05-07 ones was easy enough. It did require cutting the hedder panel (a fiberglass peice that bolts to the core support, that the lights mount to) but it wasn't too bad, and removeing the old lights, to me, almost required removal of the hedder panel anyway. Cutting it, test fitting the lights, and re-installing it and the lights was only complicated by the brush guard on the truck that I was too lazy to take off for this project.

As for a bolt-in option, the lights for the '02-04 trucks would bolt in with out any cutting.

If you go with the '05-07 lights, get the GOS Racing headlight harness, it uses the factory wiring to control 2 new relays fed directly from the battery. Very good system, easy to install.

#3 ·
It is easy to install the 05-07 headlights!!

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.