Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

The best deal of my life!!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  carolinaboy02powerstroke 
#1 ·
so i have one E99 build date 8/98 7.3 DRW quad cab with 275k miles auto tranny. i have been having trouble with one cylinder turns out it is dead. compression is way low in that cylinder. so i started asking around at work about a replacement engine when a buddy of mine said his uncle had a truck he was wanting to just get rid off and he thinks its a 99 to give him a call. well i went over there yesterday and looked at said truck it is in fact an E99 build date 5/98 F350 DRW 7.3 standard tranny 205k miles. all this thing needs is a hood, passenger fender, grill, headlights and radiator it wasn't wreaked he hit a cow in another truck and pulled parts from this one. i put a battery on it and fired it right up no smoke no miss nothing sounds beautiful. i was like ok how much you want for it dude said hell $1,500 and you can have the P.O.S. I about fell over:tard:. a running E99 7.3 for $1,500 well boys i need to update my sig i now have three trucks :icon_ford:

#7 ·
I'll give you 1600 for it :thumb:

#8 ·
unfortunately i'm going to need it sooner that i was planing check out the piston on my other E99 i got the head off today and its tore up

#9 ·
interested in selling forged rods out of any of your trucks?

lets see some pics of that deal you got!

#10 ·
I haven't found a trailer that will fit the dually so i don't have it here yet. it's 45 miles away but i'll get some up when i get her home.

#11 ·
ouch.... yea time to swap enginess and rebuild the other one.

#13 ·
Ok here are some pics of the truck needs some TLC but all in all not in bad shape

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.