Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

late 99 conversion

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  dieselcrawler 
#1 ·
i'm thinking about buying the complete 99+ conversion package through riffraff diesel to run a 38r comes with everything needed
Reman Pedestal (Brand new EBPV)
- Intake Spyder
- OEM Intake Plenums
- Motorcraft RTV
- IH Bellowed Up-pipe
- Marmon Clamp
- Turbo/ Pedestal O-ring
Riffraff Diesel: Early/Late Conversion Kit

is this a good deal, considering the up-pipes are included in the package?

#8 ·
the only reason im thinking about doing the swap is because i'm planning on getn more horse power out of my motor than what i would be with just a D66. because I know if i went with just a D66 and stage 2"s i would eventually want more hp than 400 with the conversion i am able to go closer to 500 without having to completely build the motor and thats not an option. can't afford to be out of my means of living for taht long

#12 ·
if i had one of them near me, i'd be all over it i've had terible luck looking for a salvage yard that has powerstrokes on hand most of the ones i've talked to about it, say that they don't handle them, if its a diesel the they send it off to some other place

#14 ·
van turbo!!!!????

#16 ·
do you have to upgrade the injectors immediately after doing the the turbo conversion? what will happen?

#17 ·
The injectors will become the 'bottle neck' of the system... the limiting factor. A smoke show it will not be... but I'd guess it would be driveable. I have no personal experiance...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.