Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

in cab turbo sound..

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  zpd307 
#1 ·
anybody try putting dynamat on the firewall or somethin to lower the volume of the incab whine? it kinda drives my wife nuts when i'm pullin the camper on a 2 or 3 hour trip.. i gotta admit it is kinda loud.. :hehe:

#4 ·
7.3s are not known for their quietness.. that's why i love them.
you should do the foil delete, that'll quieten it down some!

#10 ·
im glad every girl in my family likes the whistle cuase I love it. Only think you can do is get a closed element air filter system maybe foil your intercooler tub and wrap your truck with sound deadning stuff.

#11 ·
How could you not like the turbo whistle?!? I listen to that more than my stereo that I sunk like $400 into :hehe:

#12 ·
Man I catch myself driving around 50 percent of the time with my radio off and windows down. Ohhh how I love that whistle. Getting ready to cut the muffler out of my 4" next week to hear it some more.

#13 ·
Dude the 7.3 is a monster... it's a friggen semi motor in a civilian work truck. They are not quiet; they are designed to do work. And believe me, they do work.

#14 ·
i must be weird :dunno:. my truck hauls around my family, wife and 3 boys, so i would like it to be a little quieter inside so that i can hear what everyone is saying.... i find myself saying "what" all the time. but then again, mine is a e99 which i heard is even louder than the later models...

#15 ·
Well I'm deaf so I say what regardless. But as much as I understand where you are coming from, thats the nature of the beast.

#16 ·
yep, it is. i am by no means complaining, i just know where the guy is coming also. i am planning on doing all the stuff needed to make things a little quiter in the cab, hutch mod, regulated return, some more insulation.... etc.

#17 ·
Good luck and keep us posted in new threads!

#18 ·
all in due time.... my budget isnt exactly big, with 3 little boys and momma back in school. the hutch mod will probablly be first, as i run out of fuel at 1/4, and the pickup screen isnt broke off, i checked. i heard it quiets down the motor more than a regulated return, and its way cheaper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.