Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

diagnostic problems...

741 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  codysweat 
#1 ·
im tryin to find out why my 98 is messing up. the service engine light will come on and the pedal will quit working all together and the light will go off and itll act normal, also the pedal seems very touchy and very inconstent with the reading of the pedal, the truck also luggs and trys to push through the brakes idk if this could be a part of the first problem or another problem all togther but it drops to really low rpms and chugs along trying to push thru the brakes if i hold em really tight itll keep luggin sounding like its gona die but itll stop and start lugging again.... i just got done rebuilding my whole dana 60 so figured id put some more time and money into the truck and try to fix all my problems, btw i already changed the cam shaft postion sensor and the pead position sensor in proscess of diagnosing the problem. im lost now. :confused:

#2 ·
do you have a scanner???? not a code reader...a scanner that does functional test and all...it could be a pcm,idm

#4 ·
got a scanner at work but not so great at using it? how do i go about doing tests? SES light only comes on while the fuel pedal isint working as soon as the pedal works again the light goes away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.