Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

dead truck!

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  CloverLeafFarm 
#1 ·
had to remove my tw chip from my pcm, put my pcm back into the positiona and plugged in the harness plug in the motor compartmet. And nothing! Have no power with the key besides the door sounds.....i'm lost and don't know what needs to be done
Check all my fuses and relays and they seem fine, all the connections are fine so i'm not sure whats preventing the truck from doing anything? it never made a difference with the chip put back in or not.....anything would help

#3 ·
NO doug! you dont have to worry about that...i'm not sure if i fried the pcm or i just need to get it re-flashed for some reason........i'm waiting for my brother to get here w/ his superchip and i'm going to see if it will read whats going on

#6 ·
Were the keys in the ignition when you pulled the chip?:doh:

#10 ·
i recheckd all the rods on the plug on the pcm and everything looked perfectly fine like it should, and i made sure to get a nice straight tight connection between the 2 connectors to tighten it back up...i'm not sure why it happened, maybe just enough static electricity fried the pcm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.