Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

early 99...no power

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dieselnut85 
#1 ·
I just bought an early 99 f250 7.3 diesel with a 6 speed...as soon as i got the truck home i programmed it with an edge evolution programmer that i had for my 2000 f250 7.3 liter truck...the programmer seemed to work fine but i put it back to stock cauz the truck still has stock exhaust and factory breather...now the water in fuel lite is on..when the truck idles it loaps or misses...i can only get 10 pounds of boost out of it no matter what i do...i think it has an exhaust leak but i think its the down pipe...i was told that the programmer screwed up the computer..which it could of..i have no idea where to by a computer at, which one i need...letalone haveing it reburned for the truck...this truck runs horrible..i think my old 93 f350 with no turbo would smoke it...i changed the fuel filter..the turbo has less then 20000 miles on it and 4 injectors were replaced less than 10000 miles ago..all the injectors were pressure check and they all checked out good..the truck seems to idle fine when u first start it when its cold..but when it warms up it willnot idle rite....whats wierd is its warmed up and u shut it off...when u start it if u donot touch the throttle it idles fine but as soon as u rive it up once when it idle back down it starts loaping and it will not quit untill u shut it off and restart it as long as u dont touch the throttle..and the boost thing throwes me off to...10 pounds flat on the floor no matter what u do is all it will do..my 2000 7.3 truck will build mid 20s and it runs a 100 times better..i have no idea what to do..help please

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you figured anything out or are you still having troubles?

#3 ·
99 f250

well i havnt had time to mess with it but one thing ive found out is there is a line that screws in to the passenger side exhaust manifold on the end of that line there is a sensor...the line is broke in half so its not doing nothin..the sensor controls the turbo i think...but not forsure on that one...heres a brain stumper for ya all..i was driving the truck today...havnt got the line on yet..and when u go down the road in 6th gear and stand on it..if u hold the on button down for the cruise control the truck has twice the power...yea i know that makes no since but it does..u can tell a huge difference if u have the butten pressed in or if u dont....figure that one out...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.