Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E99 wheel bearings

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  a.warrenbeast 
#1 ·
gotta replace the front wheel bearings on my early 99 F-250 and i have a few questions
1. whats the popular make?
2. are the +99 and e99 the same?
3. Do i have to buy the hub assembly as well or just the bearings and runners?

#3 ·
Hub Bearings

I had to replace mine a while back. I got mine at Powerstrokeshop.com . They are real helpful and at a good price. They have kits with all you will need. Studs and vac seals to do the job. I was really happy with the service and the fast delivery. Hope this helps and good luck.
99 Red Stroker

#4 · (Edited)
Order hubs for a 2001 and get two rotors . . . its a lot cheaper!! You have to get the rotors though. You can reuse everything else. And definitely go to ford and get the 8 hub studs (4 for each hub) and 8 nuts for them as well. Make sure they don't give you wheel studs and lug nuts!!:doh::rofl::hehe:

I spent under $400 on everything . . . I got the hubs and rotors at Federated Auto Parts. You might want to do the U-joints and axle seals while yer in there . . . I did. Of course, I've done hubs on these trucks way more than once . . lol

#8 ·
im in the same boat as you, i ended up biting the bullet and upgrading to the later model hubs while im in there im doing axle seals as well as ball joints and putting powerslots rotors and hawk pads in stead of stock, caame out to about 1200bux still waiting on the parts to come

fyi the hubs are $250 a piece unless you get the cheap knock off wich is still $190 a piece

#9 ·
I get a little bit of a discount @ federated auto parts and they have the lifetime warranty on them which helps me since I plow. Yes, replacing the other stuff while you are in there is a good idea but it can get costly. I did the axle seals, u-joints, lockouts, pulled the front driveshaft and did those u-joints, replaced diff fluid, etc . . . I always go overboard!

#11 ·
you can actually replace just the needle bearing if thats the only issue unfortunately mine was both bearings.

thanks for reminding me i will be doing diff fluid too i was gonna do ujoints too but couldnt afford to i figured i might as well do as much as possible so its only down once

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.