i'm ready to burn this truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'm ready to burn this truck

i bought a 99 f350 back in dec, my first diesel... it ran great and for the most part still does... i ended up finding a bad ball joint, and the side wall on one of the tires bloow out yeah trying to find tires for 16.5 in rims no fun... and now... the other day i noticed the ses light never came on so i dug in to the dash and found the ses bulb was gone so i moved the on over from the low range and wouldn't you know it when i turn on the truck the ses light comes on, goes off for 4or 5 sec and then truns back on and stays on this is without starting the truck it stays on after i start too... i dont know where to start the truck does have a banks stinger kit on it and an afs stage2 intake is there a way to reset it? is it wired that i comes on and stays on when the truck hasn't been started yet? help me out nothing worse than feeling like you got ripped off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'll bring lighter fluid if you bring beer....

You can turn of the CEL light by unplugging the battery cables for 30seconds - 3 minutes somewhere around there. I would swing through and have your Codes pulled By ford or a diesel shop or maybe even AutoZone, but I dont think AutoZone can read all of the codes!

The CEL light may come back on (Indicating a Problem Small or Large) so I would have it checked either way!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok so i unpluged the batterys for a bit then hooked em back up and started the truck, no ses light yeah... so i tured the truck off waited a minet ant turned it back on and light came on went off came back on and stayed on NO NO NO NO so i unhooked the baterys again removed the bankls ottomind chip and tyyed again same results first start no light shut off turn back on light comes on stays on WTF

P.S. what kind of beer you like
Old 03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Pabst.

I would take you truck to one of the places that I listed in the post to have the codes read. Unless your programmer can do it...
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

You need to get a service manual for the truck or just hang out on this site and learn about your truck . These trucks have quirks and little problems that seem huge unless you know how to test different components and trouble shoot your way through it. I enjoy the org , reading and trying to help out , along with many others. If you have a problem, post it and then you will have many responses to help you along . patience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.