Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

trans temp question

860 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  countryraised 
#1 ·
well i was looking through the old threads to find an answer to my questions of whats is the best cooler and how much fab work as opposed to bolt in, but after reading other peoples temps i don't know to be so worried. i live in florida. put my gauges and chip in last fall. cool winter here and gauge just registered (starts at 100*). well past month has been 60*-70* out side and my trans has been running 120*-140* and 160*ish towing. so i was starting to worry about 100* summer, but after looking at other trans temps in cooler places it seems i'm not that bad. i was thinking of the 6.0 cooler but had know idea how much they are, but never knew about the v10 cooler. i have an early 99 with the little baby cooler. would the v10 cooler show much difference and how much could i get one for. didn't know if it is worth it to try it and see if it works for me untill i can get a 6.0. i also didn't know about taking off the bypass line. will this help? is this recomended? i know i need to get rid of that baby cooler. from what i've read it should be running 40*-70* above ambit temp. right now i'm running about 60* and would like to be at the 40* because high 90* summers are going to put me at 160* and tow well i don't want to think about that. any thoughts would be appricated.

#3 ·
with so much said about the 6.0 cooler, i have heard nothing, until now, about the v-10 cooler. i would assume it is still bigger than our cooler. does anybody now what size it is compared to the 6.0 cooler?

#4 ·
V10 cooler is the same as the tru-cool a lot of guys have them, I belive they are a 40k cooler? deffinitely smaller than a 6.0 cooler. If you do a search i know guys have posted pics before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.