Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4x4 not working

812 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jm812003 
#1 ·
actually 4x4 works too good, it will engage and work but will not disengage. have taken hubs off and they look good check vacum pump and it will run and shut off. am getting vacum to hoses going to wheels but seems week. when i blow air into hose cannot find were it comes out inside hub do not see any holes or any thing. kind of stumped on this one do not want to buy new hubs but want to keep auto feature, have to use 4x4 to get up steep driveway every day. Also should there be any play at all ,up and down in the water pump. fan clutch is tight, its in the pump. any help would be great thanks

#3 ·
I've been having the exact samre problem with my 4x4. Engaes but doesn't want to disengage. I haven't tried to find the problem yet. I have had some suggestions of what to look for however. I will let you know if I resolve my problem. :thumb:

#4 ·
transfer case is full of oil and the motor is shifting fine, its it the hubs or something. The water pump does not leak yet, if it is loose would it make a howling grinding sound. It also will make a terrible squeak when turned backwards. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.