Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I want heat!!!

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Ryan Rønning 
#1 ·
Still have the problem with my heater. Blower motor is not blowing so I thought it might be bad. Checked the voltage and there was none. Is there a relay for this because I checked all of the fuses and none were blown.

Please help as we cant use the car right now with the snow:(

#2 ·
Well I would grab a multi meter and start checking at the switch. See if it is even putting power out to the blower motor.

#4 ·
its one of the two above things. Although when the resistor fails the low position on the fan switch generally still works

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I will go check the resistor. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the heater/ac system to aid in tracing wire's?

#6 ·
I bet resistor, had that go on my f150 already this year and it was crazy rusty so i am willing to be the 13 dollar part went.

#7 ·
Anyone know if the one off of my OBS will work. The blower moters had the same plug.

#8 ·
The f150 has two different kinds so I dont really know. Check napaonline.com and look at the pictures. Its really easy to get to and if you unplug it from the resistor i think it defaults to high speed.

#11 ·
If your blower isn't working the first thing I do is check the fuse, jump the blower and make sure it works. If it does check the blower resister, and the switch.

#12 ·
Ryan check the other blower thread I said where the resisitor is there. My best experience is getting one from the dealership parts stores either don't have them or they don't last. Usually Ford is cheaper too

#13 ·
I just swapped out the resistor from my OBS and that didnt fix it.

#14 ·
the heater control valve may be stuck closed, also there is a fuse for the blower.

#18 ·
Got it fixed. It turned out to be the relay. Took me forever to find a diagram to fix it. Now I have a new problem though. No matter what setting I put the control on the air only comes out the defrost vent. Any ideas?

#21 ·
Huh, my front axle dose not have any vacuum lines.

#22 ·
check under the dash , you'll see 2 vacuum motors to open and close the blower doors. A vac line might be off , loose or cracked.

#25 ·
I got it fixed. It was the vac line at the pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.