Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4wd dont work

872 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  99PSD-White 
#1 · (Edited)
4wd doesnt work

Well crap its winter already here in michigan and couple nights we got about 4" of snow but it was really icy. so I Locked in the hubs and put it in 4wd for fun and nothiing happened. only power to the rear wheels. Well i jumped out of my truck, my truck is still in 4wd, so i tried spinning the driveshaft with my hand and i couldnt. So i put it in 2wd with the hubs locked in and i could turn my front driveshaft by hand. does that mean the hubs are bad?

Also do the early 99s have antilocks?

#2 ·
They're easy to take off (no need to remove the tire) and clean and lubricate. You'll be able to see how they operate and can determine if they are still ok or just need a good cleaning.

My early 99 has antilock on the rear only...I don't think front antilocks came until later years.

#4 · (Edited)
yeah lol. i figured out what hub it is so im gunna try to tear it apart and grease it up and clean it and hope it works. When i replaced my ball joints this summer i remember have an issue with this big black plastic washer on which way it goes in so i might have put it in backwards which maybe messes with the hub from not locking. The picture is the washer i think i put in backwards.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.