Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2009 E350 - anyone make it bullet proof / changes to make it reliable?

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  kinnisoj 
#1 ·
Friend purchased a 2009 E350 w/ 110K miles. He is looking at what changes are needed to make it reliable.

Purchased for a good deal, needed some mechanics attention. Initial diagnosis I believe is the FICM.

Should he EGR valve delete / EGR cooler delete? With this show up on the WI emission testing?

Fuel filter - any thoughts on an aftermarket fuel filter to protect the injectors?

Does anyone know what other problems / weak points the engine has for the 2009 E350 6.0liter diesel? Do the HPOP / HPOP coolers have any issues to be concerned about?

#4 ·
03-07 is the 6.0, 08-10 is the 6.4 and 11-now is the 6.7, do you have the incorrect year or engine? Giving you a hard time.

As for the 6.0 it's best to monitor your coolant and oil temp deltas, the FICM voltage, cranking and running. Then delete your EGR cooler. And replace oil cooler (if more than 15 degree delta)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
Tell your friend to install an aftermarket coolant filter as soon as possible - I got mine from diesel site. Flush the coolant system with distilled water - and replace with Extended life coolant (ELC) and distilled water only. The best thing he can do at this point is to do a good job keeping the inside of the coolant system exceptionally clean. Because this is what starts all the problems with these engines. His oil cooler is probably already on its way to being clogged.

At least that is what I would do in his situation. Good luck.

#13 ·
If its got the 6.0 , IMO give the guys at Bullet Proof Diesel a call and tell them what you got goin on. Aint nobody better.
He's gonna need to get a monitor on their as soon as possible and BPD sells the scanguage all set up and ready to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.