Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Auxiliary Vacuum Pump Replacement

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  karoo 
#1 ·
Hello everyone;

Great Posts! I was reading a few posts by a Kaya@Bernhausen character yesterday. His knowledge and suggestions prompted me to post as well:

Last Tuesday I heard a loud screeching grinding noise coming from the driver's side A/C duct of my '02 E350. Pretty sure I know what that is and I have been looking for an area to find Manuals and how to tech articles for my '02 E350. Not a whole lot of luck until I found your posts here. Back in '07 I had to change out the Auxiliary Vacuum Pump. Being very mechanically inclined I systematically got the job done. Pretty sure it is again AVP time. My van has 306,669 miles on him,(Vandiesel) has the 7.3L in him.

I remember it was not too hard to change but there was I trick I learned after struggling for a while with access and removal. Never realized the tip about tipping the hood all the way back to the windshield. Thanks already.

Kaya, Could you point me to any threads or posts that may have already been written on this subject or a couple of you very own tips and suggestions. I will order the same unit I got last time from NAPA as these seem to be among the best I have found.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Karoo

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.