Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Guy and Odometer Question

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  "Stroker 8" 
#1 ·
Hello all,

New guy to the forum and honestly, I'd have registered long ago had I known it was out there. I like what I see, especially in the e-series section. I've had my '97 PSD E- Superduty for a bit over a year now and, even though it has its share of issues I really do love the thing.

Anyway, shortly after I bought it, the odometer (and trip odometer) began to wotk intermittantly then simply quit. The speedo never stopped working. I replaced the cluster with another unit. It recorded about 30 miles and hasn't worked since. Again, the speedo works fine.

Do I simply have a pair of bum clusters or is the odo driven by a vss different than that of the speedometer?

Thanks!

Obligatory new guy pics....

The day I brought it home:

I bought primarily to drag around the race car, team, and parts. It's done a great job so far....

See less See more
#2 ·
My Trip meter is pretty glitchy and unreliable also. I have to press it three times or so to reset it. But once done keeps pretty good record of distance traveled. by the way I am getting about 19 MPG out of my 2002 Superduty with 305,000 miles on him.

#3 ·
:ORG welcome::thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.