Any other E350 Diesel Passenger Van Owners Out there? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any other E350 Diesel Passenger Van Owners Out there?

I am curious to see if there are any E350 Diesel Van owners who are using it for a passenger van instead of a cargo van?
I have had issues with my front end seeming to go out of alignment & my tires wearing out somewhat quickly.
I am wondering how your experience has been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My dad has an E-350 7.3 that he uses for passangers mainly. Some Hauling, some towing.
He just had balljoints replaced not too long ago, I think a tie rod, and some other misc. parts replaced. He's got Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires on it right now, and these tires are extremely soft, so his tires are getting some wear on them. But nothing severe.
Mainly, are you keeping your tires rotated? There's a LOT of weight being carried on the front tires with these vans. Is the front End TIGHT??? No loose components, Balljoints, tie rods.... ANY Amount of play on those will throw your alignment out...
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFlyn View Post
My dad has an E-350 7.3 that he uses for passangers mainly. Some Hauling, some towing.
He just had balljoints replaced not too long ago, I think a tie rod, and some other misc. parts replaced. He's got Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires on it right now, and these tires are extremely soft, so his tires are getting some wear on them. But nothing severe.
Mainly, are you keeping your tires rotated? There's a LOT of weight being carried on the front tires with these vans. Is the front End TIGHT??? No loose components, Balljoints, tie rods.... ANY Amount of play on those will throw your alignment out...
Dear RCFlyn,
thanks for posting. It's good to know i wasn't the only one that opted for a diesel engine in my passenger van.
Good call on the rotation - i definately have not been scheduled on that. Ask your dad how much air pressure he keeps in his tires - most of the tires can go as high as 80lbs but the specs for the van are far less - what does he do?
Also - I have had to replace my front end components 2 times now and am looking at a
3rd time now. Something just doesnt seem right about having to do that. Ask if his experience would help explain what i am facing.
thanks for your help
Bob
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 AM
The Fat Mod

There are several others on here with the E series. I am sure they will come out soon.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi, I have a 95 E-350 PSD, and have 225,000 miles still on original front end, 2nd set of brakes, original engine, trans, and rear. Have not experienced any abnormal tire wear on last three sets of tires since new. Allways used as passenger family van + towing of RV trailer. I have only had glowplug issues that everyone experiences. Use synthetic fluids in everything.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via Yahoo to txevt
have one over here in texas
Old 04-27-2008, 03:22 AM

I'm off to look at one monday. newer one but I will take the back seats out so we can carry the family and the motorcycles to the races and leave the trailer home. saving fuel costs!!! or so the wife thinks. I just like driving a real van. I really miss my 4X4 van!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
id rather have an excursion
Old 04-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

I have a friend with a Quigley 4x4. Nothing but passengers riding in 4x4 luxury...TV, reclining buckets all the way back, .....nice. His setup probably is so different than typical that his info would not be helpful, but I'll ask.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
id rather have an excursion

not loading 4 bikes in the back of any X I've seen. 8*)

I've had 5 small bikes in the back of our extended 15pass van before whilst being creative. That along with all 3 kids and mom. plus when unloaded we all slept in it on some camping mats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.