Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E350 V-10 to 7.3

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  djbonsu 
#1 ·
I got an incredible deal on a 99 E350 with a blown V-10 I also found a 7.3 from a 99 E350 with ECU and all engine wiring and accessories. I want to do the swap and am curious if anybody out there has done something like this. I heard the 4-100 will not bolt up and the dash panel will not work but are there any other pitfalls? Do I have to change the fuel pump, will a FASS system work without the in tank pump. The motor seems like a direct bolt in so its down to wiring. Any body help??????

#3 ·
The swap is still in process but here are a few details I have found. The 4-100R bolts right up and I only had to change the torque converter. The in-tank fuel pump is plenty with a regulator but I am installing a FASS system anyway. My engine is non intercooled so I am working on changing the intake to add an intercooler. So far the wiring looks like just two pins different between the gas and diesel body harness. The idiot light are all wrong but I scored a dash panel for a c-note. I am also using an Android tablet with engine control software to add monitoring and on the fly adjustment capability with a Bully Dog tuner. I hope the motor home your looking at has a bigger engine bay I had to lift the body off to get at everything.

#4 ·
The swap is still in process but here are a few details I have found. The 4-100R bolts right up and I only had to change the torque converter. The in-tank fuel pump is plenty with a regulator but I am installing a FASS system anyway. My engine is non intercooled so I am working on changing the intake to add an intercooler. So far the wiring looks like just two pins different between the gas and diesel body harness. The idiot light are all wrong but I scored a dash panel for a c-note. I am also using an Android tablet with engine control software to add monitoring and on the fly adjustment capability with a Bully Dog tuner. I hope the motor home your looking at has a bigger engine bay I had to lift the body off to get at everything.
Interesting... I've been under the impression they were diffrent. Guess that means that the bell housing pattern is the same from v-10 to PSD? Wonder if the same holds true for the 6sp manual trans?

Perhaps the diffrences are internal... I bet the shift points for the gasser will be higher, and the diesel will wind out to redline before the trans shifts.

Either way, good luck with your swap... hope it works out for ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.