Edge Insight on my E450 RV - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Insight on my E450 RV

I received my Edge Insight and got it installed last week. This week we had a chance to get the coach (2008 26 ft Freelander) on the road for a short shake down trip and I was interested to see the engine information it provides.

On I-405 around east Seattle there are a couple of long grades that gave the engine a good workout. The ambient temperature was about 40 deg F and the ECT held at about 206 F and the EOT at about 210 F with beteen 14 and 22 lbs of boost, speed about 60 mph. The coach weighs about 12000 lbs and the transmission stayed in 4th for most of the climb. The coach has 13000 miles. Transmission oil temp was about 212 for the cllimb but came back down some when the load decreased.

This all seems pretty good, but I am planning a coolant flush and replacement this coming week. The oil was already done and Rotella T6 used for the refill.

I made a little bent aluminum bracket for the Edge, that has a tab that inserts between the lower panel cover and the upper part of the panel to the left of the steering wheel. I already had a GPS near the A-pillar and could not put anything else in my line of sight above the dash. This puts the Edge just below the instrument panel and just above the steering wheel crossbar, so it worked out OK. The bracket uses part of the supplied suction cup mount to attach the Edge. I can post a picture if anyone is interested in this.

I like the Edge. So far it has worked as advertised, though I wish I had bought the next more expensive one that has the chip tuner.

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.