Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Edge Insight on my E450 RV

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jwitt 
#1 ·
I received my Edge Insight and got it installed last week. This week we had a chance to get the coach (2008 26 ft Freelander) on the road for a short shake down trip and I was interested to see the engine information it provides.

On I-405 around east Seattle there are a couple of long grades that gave the engine a good workout. The ambient temperature was about 40 deg F and the ECT held at about 206 F and the EOT at about 210 F with beteen 14 and 22 lbs of boost, speed about 60 mph. The coach weighs about 12000 lbs and the transmission stayed in 4th for most of the climb. The coach has 13000 miles. Transmission oil temp was about 212 for the cllimb but came back down some when the load decreased.

This all seems pretty good, but I am planning a coolant flush and replacement this coming week. The oil was already done and Rotella T6 used for the refill.

I made a little bent aluminum bracket for the Edge, that has a tab that inserts between the lower panel cover and the upper part of the panel to the left of the steering wheel. I already had a GPS near the A-pillar and could not put anything else in my line of sight above the dash. This puts the Edge just below the instrument panel and just above the steering wheel crossbar, so it worked out OK. The bracket uses part of the supplied suction cup mount to attach the Edge. I can post a picture if anyone is interested in this.

I like the Edge. So far it has worked as advertised, though I wish I had bought the next more expensive one that has the chip tuner.

John

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.