2005 E350SD 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 E350SD 6.0

I have done a lot of research but I need some help from you experienced guys (or gals).

The van has randomly started blowing the white smoke. Most of the articles state that this is steam. Mine is smoke. Steam does not float across a field and not dissapate after 30 yards. Anyway. Assuming it is steam, I read where the 6.0 has the notorious EGR valve and cooler system. I read where if you have not stretched the head bolts or hydrolocked, you can do an EGR delete. Or you can do the "block". I am aware the "block" is for off road use.

I also read that if the EGR is "bad", you should replace/delete the cooler. If I would do the delete, then, apparently, the valve is not needed (?).

The delete suggests that 6-8 hours for professional mechanic. Although the dollar amount gets serious, I don't think I should undertake the delete. Plus the valve is over $300.00.

If one considered the block, what does this entail? As a retired person with a somewhat fixed income, I may want to consider this method.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I found this:

White Smoke, Lack of Power, Exhaust Odor, Surge, Runs Rough, or No Start:
The above symptoms on trucks equiped with the 6.0 when the engine is cold may indicate a sticking injector spool valve. To reduce the likelyhood of this condition, there is a revised program available for the Fuel Injection Control Module. This new program uses the injector spool valve solenoids to preheat the oil at the injectors. The diagnostic computer has to be at version 47.8 or higher, or 48.2 or higher to upload this new program. The new program supercedes TSB #06-2-13, which caused the injectors to actuate (buzz) for 30 seconds after the engine is shut off. With this program the injectors will no longer buzz on shut-down.
TSB #07-5-4
This supercedes TSB 06-2-13, which advises the above conditions may be related to poor oil maintenance practices. However, the programming mentioned in the current bulletin does not obviate the need to perform oil changes at the recommended intervals.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This condition describes my problem(s) to the proverbial "T".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.