Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E350 vs F350 Tuning

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  CREEPERVAN 
#1 ·
I have noticed that most of the horror stories I hear about the 6.0 is with the F-series trucks. I was wondering if the E-series vans have fewer problems?

Also, are they tuned differently than the F-series?

Thank you

#2 ·
We used to have several 2005-06 E-series in our fleet. It seems as if the E-series were more problematic than the trucks. We had continuous high pressure oil leak issues (internal dummy plugs, STC fitting) etc. We also had a lot of issues that seem to be caused by not running OEM motorcraft filters. If you are not running Motorcraft oil and fuel filters, plan on spending some time under the hood. If you have never worked on an E-series with a 6.0, you don't know what you are missing,LOL. I hope others chime in, all the common 6.0 issues apply to the van, however I cant stress enough about the OEM filter and canister. When they run, they do run very strong.

#6 ·
the e series have a lower hp/tq rating mainly because of the smaller front end area, and no intercooler. i owned a 6.0 e350 before my 6.0 f250 and i had way more problems with the van, thus why i sold it.

#7 ·
I was under the knowledge that the 06 was detuned to 210hp because of the small under hood area. Too hot. Remote oil filter, different style frame mounted fuel filter and all stuffed under a small slit for a hood they are the same. Although working on the rear of the motor is a breeze.

#9 ·
I would like to do a exhaust, and a tune on mine... Anymore info on this topic would be great!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.