Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Adding cruise to an E450?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  garlicbreath 
#1 ·
Is it possible to add cruise control to a 2003 E450 7.3l?
It seems possible since it's drive by wire, it would make sense to use one harness for every van, etc and only charge for the option and minimal equipment.
So if I were to get a cruise steering wheel and slap it on, what else would it take?

#2 ·
Just wrote a nice long reply BUT>>>>>>

After spending 30 minuts writing a nice reply to this question......And seeing I was logged in....and hitting post reply.....It said..."you need to log in" And of course my whole reply was gone........So I guess this question can go unanswered like quite a few others I have seen here in powerstroke.org
Sorry.................

#3 ·
It's AMAZINGLY frustrating to be auto signed out from a forum while typing a reply. Sometimes you need to find a link to add, or a picture, etc.

Anyways, it's been my experience your reply isn't lost. When you hit the reply button, it goes to the "sorry you don't blah blah please log in" screen
You can still log in then and it reverts back to everything you replied with. It holds it as long as you don't fully navigate away like clicking anything else on the page. If you input the wrong password, hit the back button and log in again.

#4 ·
I have cruise on my 2003 E450 7.3. So, yeah, its possible. Let me know if you want me to try and find a part number or something. You will have to tell me where to look. I'm off camping on sunday for a week so it would be after that.

#5 ·
Oh cool!

I am looking for the steering wheel and clock spring now.
One of the other threads mentioned a connector under the dash that needs to be jumpered or something so it knows when you hit the brake pedal. SO I might need some help there.
Thanks for offering the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.