Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E350 7.3 Shock Replacement

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BigRedDieselVan 
#1 ·
I'm going to replace the shocks on my E350 7.3 diesel extended van. I use it for delivery and carry a fair amount of weight in it. Any suggestions on a replacement brand? Thanks for looking.

Jay

#2 ·
All depends on how much you want to spend and whats available for an eseries.

#4 ·
I'm getting bilstein for my truck. If they make a HD version for an e series, thats what I would get.

I'm getting the bilstein 5100s for my truck, but I bet they don't make em for an e series, and its really not necessary for a van. I had the HDs on my old truck and liked em though.

#5 ·
Shocks are designed to hold the tire to the road, not to hold the load off the axle. If you are interested in providing additional support to help prevent sagging, then you should consider adding after market leaf springs to your truck. Some shock manufacturers or dealers may suggest that shocks help provide support for a load, but that is not the purpose of shocks. Shocks keep the tire in contact with the road surface.

That said, I highly recommend Bilstein shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.