96 psd Cant Get it to run Please Help! :s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 psd Cant Get it to run Please Help! :s

i have a 1996 e350 7.3 psd. ran flawlessly for 3 yrs now just do oil and filter changes, except fuel filter, which i never knew where it was till this happened,it wasnt too bad but what do i know? it was getting hard to start a few days b4, then the day came when i drove it and left it for 2-3 hrs and started it, to have it die out about 5 sec after i started it up, it would just then just crank not fire up? finally did eventually get it to go and i drove about 1-mins till i lifted off the gas pedal, & it died and would not restart. i towed it home and bought the a new cps sensor ive read about here, and a new fuel filter and replaced both, still nothing just cranks with the ocational sputter but never would run, even went as far as changing the lift pump with a new one, still just sputters for less than 2seconds and just cranks till u turn it off and back on to crank fast, it will sputter and sounds like it wants to go for a sec? i took out the fuel filter and cranked it, would slowly fill the fuel bowl is this normal? i was told with no filter, it should shoot fuel everywhere when cranking or fill it in less than 10 sec?? i dont think it has to do with my glow plugs or relay as it died 1-2 mins into driving when this all started, and it sputters every other time when u try and start it? when u turn off the key then on crank fast try and beat the gpr before it energises seems this is when it fire or sputters for that second or two? have many tools but no fuel psi guage to really check to see psi, but i installed new lift pump 2day?, stumpped and been trying to find this exact post prob around forum? what am i missing or what should i try?? now i find myself posting here :s please help

Last edited by Coolman Heating; 04-30-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.