Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Found a van, can't find specs

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  thomas1 
#1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance for any help.
We found a pristine van, at a great price, uoa-a 2500 mile sample- came back so good that the lab commented on how low the levels were, no glycol, BUT we cannot get any info on just what engine is in the E series.
Its an '07 6.0, dealers tell me its the same as the F series but a search here had informed me that the E psd has no intercooler, which to me anyway, should mean that the hp is different than a version that has an intercooler, a guess would be at least 75 hp less ?
And, if this is a detuned version should it not be the longest lived version

Only thing I don't like is the heui.

#3 · (Edited)
mike, thank you-so barring any difference in the intercooler, size for the van as compared to the F series, we could chip the engine for another 100 or so horses with no worries?
I would be curious as to anyones thoughts on longevity with a detuned engine-I do know that there are some fancinating reports stating that detuned piston aero engines are as reliable, if not more reliable than turbine powerplants...

#4 ·
vans don't have anywhere near the cooling the f series has, but yes you can program it for more power. I think there is a pretty good van following at fordtrucks.com they will have a lot more info there. there is no difference in reliability, obviously a tuned truck is more likely to have problems then a stock truck if you don't do any supporting mods. What is the purpose of this van? for work? If its a work truck I wouldn't bother tuning it.

#5 ·
mike thank you again, the van will be used in a courier manner-alot of city travel, alot of highway, I had not thought about the cooling aspect-tuning would be done more for mpg than for power, it really is quite quick-or it gives the sensation of being quite quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.