Found a van, can't find specs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found a van, can't find specs

Hello and thanks in advance for any help.
We found a pristine van, at a great price, uoa-a 2500 mile sample- came back so good that the lab commented on how low the levels were, no glycol, BUT we cannot get any info on just what engine is in the E series.
Its an '07 6.0, dealers tell me its the same as the F series but a search here had informed me that the E psd has no intercooler, which to me anyway, should mean that the hp is different than a version that has an intercooler, a guess would be at least 75 hp less ?
And, if this is a detuned version should it not be the longest lived version

Only thing I don't like is the heui.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

e series are 235 hp with the 6.0 and the 6.0 has an intercooler the 7.3 vans didnt. The motor is the same as the f series its just the programing.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mike, thank you-so barring any difference in the intercooler, size for the van as compared to the F series, we could chip the engine for another 100 or so horses with no worries?
I would be curious as to anyones thoughts on longevity with a detuned engine-I do know that there are some fancinating reports stating that detuned piston aero engines are as reliable, if not more reliable than turbine powerplants...

Last edited by thomas1; 04-01-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

vans don't have anywhere near the cooling the f series has, but yes you can program it for more power. I think there is a pretty good van following at fordtrucks.com they will have a lot more info there. there is no difference in reliability, obviously a tuned truck is more likely to have problems then a stock truck if you don't do any supporting mods. What is the purpose of this van? for work? If its a work truck I wouldn't bother tuning it.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mike thank you again, the van will be used in a courier manner-alot of city travel, alot of highway, I had not thought about the cooling aspect-tuning would be done more for mpg than for power, it really is quite quick-or it gives the sensation of being quite quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.