Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what size exhaust?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dieselcrawler 
#1 ·
What size exhaust does the E350 2002 come with? I want to order a muffler, and figured asking here would be a smidge easier than shoveling 3ft of snow, and crawling under the bus....

I'm not interested in a full 4" system, my stock exhaust is good, and being a bus, it exits on the drivers side to keep it away from the wheelchair door..

So, any clues on exhaust size? I don't think i want to go mufflerless because of the noise with this bus being the family hauler.

Thanks,
Len

#2 ·
I think you will find 3.5" O/D exhaust pipe... I plan to straight pipe my work van, as I have already done with both trucks. Straight pipe, and a chrome tip, not for looks but for the muffling type baffles the ones I picked up at Advance Auto Parts has in them, it takes the edge off the straight piped sound enough that I am not concerned to do this to my company trucks, that make service calls to residential places...

I bought a 10' stick of 3.5" exhust pipe a few months ago, with intentions of takeing the cat and muffler out of the van, but the new red truck managed to eat up 61" of 3.5" pipe... nice clean install too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.