Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

E-350 97 won't start, Help?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  2000goshen 
#1 ·
My work horse E-350 97 box truck decided not to start a couple days ago. It has been problem free since I bought it, with regular maintenance. When I tried to start it, it cranks but does not try to ignite at all, I noticed a fuse out it is number#8 30amp, when I replace it it pops as soon as I turn the key. The truck will ignite when I give it starter fluid, but only will run as long as I feed it more starter fluid. It does not seem to be getting any fuel to through the injectors, also the glow plug light that has always work is not coming on right now. The truck is getting fuel to the fuel filter, as I have emptied it a few times. Some one had told me to disconnect the red\green wire near the filter and try the fuse again, I did and the fuse still popped. any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I'm notorious for trying to start my powerstroke vehicles in the past with starter fluid, everytime with disastrous results, I spent a whole week epoxying the air cleaner box back together on my 96, soo many lil pieces LOL I guess I'm trying to say don't LOL it sure does cost money and time.

#3 ·
I think fuse 22 is the glow plug not 8, not sure what 8 is.
Does your wait to start light come on when you turn your key on?

#5 ·
wait to start

if that wait to start light doesn't light up, your truck won't fire. I was having to use it back when I was having ignition switch problems. Had to cycle the switch a few dozen times before it would light up. Anyway it's always my first indicator of where to look no light, no power to the computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.