Join Date: May 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New E350 6.0 Quigley
So I just bought the ultimate SUV, a 2007 E350 6.0 with the Quigley 4x4 mod. The interior is tricked out with leather captains chairs and 5 video screens, upgraded wheels and tires -- it's *****in'! I bought it "used" with 3500 miles on it.
The downsides? 13MPG, a bit noisy if you're watching a video. The added lift for the 4x4 makes it hard to enter/exit. And it weighs 7500 pounds! So much for towing anything. I'm new to diesel, and I know that Ford had issues with the 6.0 when it first arrived on the market, so a couple of questions for those in the know:
1. Has Ford worked the bugs out of the 6.0 by the 2007 model year? If not, what should I watch out for?
2. If GVW is 10,000 pounds, am I stuck owning an ultra-lite trailer?
3. I've still got a ton of warranty left, so I'm not going to do any engine mods. Can I up-size the exhaust without creating back-pressure problems?
4. Can someone recommend some step bars or running boards that will look fresh on this rig?
5. Should I use synthetic oil? Should I change my oil every 5K miles if I do?
Thanks in advance for all the help. I'm a newbie, so forgive my enthusiasm and ignorance.