Hi All, New here, questions about my bus. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi All, New here, questions about my bus.

Hi Peeps.

I'm 34(35 soon), and have 8 kids. We just picked up an ex senior citizen bus to haul our kids around.

the van,
2002-E350-SRW-Diesel-Auto-van front, bus rearend-a hair over 300k-new tranny-new rearend.

Ok, so, it's a slug, also only gets about 11mpg..

My daily driver truck is a 1997 Dodge Cummins... I love that truck, this is my first powerstroke.

So, where would I start trying to make this bus be able to get out of its own way? Also, need the mpgs up.. Exhaust, intake, injectors, etc.. Being a cummins guy, I know nothing about this.

Does truck exhaust fit a van?
who make aftermarket intakes?
best place to buy parts? I use rollin smoke diesel for my cummins parts. Where do others buy parts?

any general info for me to know?

Thanks,
Len
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

First, welcome!!! This is a great wealth of knowlage here...

I have both a van, and a truck. The van is, as you said, a slug. The truck scoots. Even before I did some mods, it was quick.

The van has no intercooler, and is likely de-tuned to accomodate this... Mods to the air intake system on the van are much needed, and difficult at best.

The normal things, intake of some type, straight pipe/no cat the exhaust, gauges, and a DP tuner is what I have planed for my van. I will probly replace the muffler with a better one, the stock muffer is the biggest restriction in the exhaust. The stock pipe is ok, the muffer has to go. Walker BTM mufflers are popular, reasonable sound, good air flow.

Truck exhaust is close, the down pipe may be too long, and need cut, shortened, and re-welded. But, as I said, the stock pipe is ok for 400+ HP, its the muffler that's gotta go.

Fresh filters all the way around, synthetic fluids in the rearend, DP tuner w/ econo tune, that should do something for MPG and power.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:37 AM

exhaust

Diamond eye and Jones exhaust both make van exhaust kits, and are the only 2 that do to the best of my knowledge. I'm trying to get my hands around mpg atm, my old 96 crew long bed dually f350 weighed 7,200 lbs. my 2000 e350 bus weighs 9,940 and is 10 feet tall. My current feelings are that the injectors in my truck need replacing and then my mileage will improve, but I've had these thoughts about other fixes in the past LOL I know I'm hauling a lot of weight around, and try to drive very conservatively which is tough when you drive something as powerful as a powerstroke. if yours doesn't feel powerful it should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.