Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Kaboom

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jrose29 
#1 ·
Hi, I just joined this forum. I bought at an auction a 2002 e350 that is in great shape except for the 7.3. when I went to pick it up, the motor turns over but doen't start nor does any smoke or vapors come out of the exhaust. I believe that it is not getting any fuel. I also got a story about the motor, the previos owner tried to start it with either which explains why the resonater box is in many pieces. I noticed that oil is leaking from the top rear right side of the motor. question 1...what to look for to see if it is getting fuel to the injectors. Question 2... what kind of damage most likly when the either went kaboom. Sure am glad that I wasn't there when it happened, but then again I sure it would have been intertaining.

#2 ·
If it ran long on either and alot of either the motor is likely junk. Water in the oil???

I just went through all the motions of getting a PSD running. My van had a bad IDM. Look in the fender on the drivers side behind the coolant bottle. take it out and shake it......mine was full if water.

Really you need software to diagnos these things. Do an injector buzz test, check pressures etc. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.