Where is the ICP located? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is the ICP located?

I want to try the 10K resistor mod but am unable to locate the ICP connector.
I have spent 4 hours on this forum trying to find out to no avail.

Being a E350 van I already know it is going to be hard to reach it, but if someone can at least get me to the correct area of the engine it would be appreciated.

Also, the info I have read about this MOD says not to cut factory wiring.
I feel it may be an easier MOD for me if I simply trace the correct wires to a suitable location and...well...cut them and insert my homemade switch box.
Anyone know why I should not cut them?

$$MF
'02 E-350 PSD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Emergency Services

The ICP sensor is near the front of the driver's side cylinder head on the inboard side, pretty much behind the A/C compressor.

Remove the air box, remove the intake "elephant trunk", and smash the sh!t out of that stupid resonator box with a hammer and a 2"x2" wooden block, if it's still there. That thing is a menace to maintenance. You don't need it. Just plug the hole on the side of the "elephant trunk with a spray paint can lid. Then tighten the clamp just enough to hold onto the turbo inlet pipe. Put a little grease on the inside edge, and when you insert it again, it will slip onto the turbo inlet pipe firm enough not to fall off. The next time you need to change your fuel filter or mess with your ICP, just unscrew the air box and set it aside, and grasp the trunk and tug it out of there. Makes maintenance a breeze.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to cut the factory harness if I could avoid it. You may have problems with the connection down the road. What you might be able to do is find the ICP wires where it goes through the engine wiring harness on the left side of the high pressure oil reservoir. It's easier to get to than the ICP sensor it's self.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I made an update to my original post but it appears to not have updated.

I did finally find the sensor and what a b$@ch it was to get to. I did get my wire into the connector and ran it into the inside of the van where my homemade resistor switch box is mounted.

Thanks for the info on the resonator box. I was unsure what it was but just as you said, it was in the way. In fact, it seems to be just laying ontop the engine.

I did test out my set up and was not impressed. More details in the following forum :
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/94-...-new-post.html

$$MF
`02 E-350 PSD 7.3
Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Emergency Services

It's supposed to have a bracket on the passenger side valve cover that holds up the back side. Usually it falls off, and the thing sits on top of the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.